Billing and Coding Fundamentals for Leaders in Oncology
This webinar is open to the public. You do not need to be an ACCC member to view this webinar, but you will need to create an account in order to register.
If You DO NOT Have an ACCC Account:
- To start, click the green “Register” button in the upper right corner of this page. You will be directed to “Your Cart.” Click the green “Log In” button near the top of the page.
- ACCC and State Society Members: Click “Reset Password” to update your login information. When your password is updated, you will be redirected to the “My Profile” page.
- Non-members: Click “Create Account.” Once your password is created, you will be redirected to the "My Profile" page.
- Click “eLearning” at the top of your profile page to go back to the ACCC eLearning portal. In the box on the left side of the screen, click on the “Cart” link.
- The green box in the upper right corner of this page will indicate “You are registered!” for this course!
If You Have an ACCC Account:
- Please click the orange “Log In” button on the left side of this screen. You will be taken to the main login page that displays your email and password. Click the “Log in” button.
- You will be automatically redirected back to webinar page, and the green box in the upper right corner will say that “You are registered!” for this course!
PRO TIP: If you save your ACCC password to your computer and remain logged in, you can register for additional webinars and courses in a matter of seconds—with just one click!
For the best registration and viewing experience, please use Chrome, Edge, or Safari web browsers. Internet Explorer Users may experience difficulties accessing the webinar.
Once you complete your registration, you will receive an email from ACCC eLearning, which contains information on how to access this webinar. For assistance with registration or if you do not receive an email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This webinar will address high-level information related to coding and billing for oncology services. Learn how coding and billing varies by the care delivery setting where the services are performed, geographic location of those services, and payer policies. Common terminology related to coding and billing of oncology outpatient services will be reviewed, how these terms apply to various settings, and related resources. The webinar includes an Interactive Q&A with the speaker and attendees.
Teri Bedard, BA, RT(R)(T), CPC
Director, Client Services
Revenue Cycle Coding Strategies, Inc.
Teri Bedard is the Executive Director, Client & Corporate Resources with Revenue Cycle Coding Strategies, Inc. Her expertise includes over 20 years of medical experience. Teri has served as a senior and Staff Radiation Therapist at renowned oncology practices across the Midwest and during her tenure with RCCS, has served as a Senior Consultant, Remote Solutions Manager, and Director, Client Services. As a member of the RCCS team Teri advises and leads clients in the areas of billing and reimbursement for technology, monitoring government regulatory information and seeking new business opportunities.
Teri completed her Bachelors of Arts degree at the University of Northern Iowa. She completed her Radiologic Technology certificate at Mayo School for Health Related Sciences in Rochester, MN and her certificate for Radiation Therapy at Fairview University Medical Center in Minneapolis, MN. She also earned her certification as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
Teri is active in the ARRT, ASRT, and AAPC. She lectures and participates at national seminars in conjunction with the AAPC, ACCC, ACRO, and ASRT.
Kristin Ferguson, DNP, RN, OCN (Moderator)
Senior Director, Cancer Care Delivery & Health Policy, Association of Community Cancer Centers
Kristin Marie Ferguson, DNP, RN, OCN, is Senior Director, Cancer Care Delivery & Health Policy at ACCC. Together with engaged volunteer leadership and committed professional staff, the Department of Cancer Care Delivery & Health Policy works towards improving cancer care delivery in all settings, supporting the oncology workforce, and transforming reimbursement for cancer care delivery so that the needs of patients and professionals are met.
Dr. Ferguson has over a decade of oncology nursing experience. Prior to working with ACCC, she worked at MedStar Georgetown University Lombardi Cancer Center as the Clinical Operations Manager. She is currently on the national Board of Directors for the Oncology Nursing Society. Dr. Ferguson has spoken and taught nationally and internationally on the topics of cancer, nursing leadership, and health care coordination.
Dr. Ferguson received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Boston College, her Master of Science in Nursing: Community/Public Health from Catholic University of America, and her Doctorate in Nursing Practice from Duke University.