Disparities in Cancer Care
Hear about the challenges and limitations disparate populations face when it comes to care access, and come away with strategies for implementing interventions to help patients get the treatment they need.
Sonia Okuyama, MD
Denver Health Medical Center
This webinar was hosted by the Rocky Mountain Oncology Society (RMOS)—a Chapter Member of the Association of Community Cancer Centers.
Sonia Okuyama, MD
Medical Oncologist, Denver Health Medical Center
ADDITIONAL HANDOUTS TO SUPPLEMENT YOUR LEARNING
The Rocky Mountain Oncology Society (RMOS) is a Chapter Member of the Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC). RMOS members receive access to valuable educational content and targeted resources through ACCC to support their professional development.
- The Eliminating Precision Medicine Disparities project is focused on understanding specific barriers to equal access to precision medicine and developing interventions to promote biomarker testing for patients with lung cancer in underserved communities.
- Integration of MRD Testing: A Pathway for Patients with B-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia provides information for integrating MRD testing into the cancer care continuum; evaluating identified barriers and potential solutions to integration; and implementing scientific principles to promote guideline-concordant testing.
- The ACCC COVID-19 Resource Center contains webcasts, podcasts, and blogs, and resources on the pandemic from federal and professional organizations.
- [Webinar] In Pursuit of Equity: Diversity in Clinical Research Participation – Hear strategies to improve clinical trial accrual for racial and ethnic minorities, as well as other at-risk groups; and explore successful solutions for working with community organizations to enhance interest and enrollment in clinical research.
- RMOS members can connect in real-time through the members-only virtual discussion forum on ACCCeXchange. Within this forum, RMOS members from every profession involved in cancer care delivery ask and answer questions, discuss common challenges, and share knowledge and experience. Join the discussion and connect with your peers.
- Tap into the value of RMOS membership! Visit our membership page for more information on how you can join our community of professionals. If you’re unsure of your membership status, please contact our membership department today.
- The ACCCeLearning portal makes it easy to find education relevant to your needs and interests. Accessible on any device and at any time, courses are available in a variety of formats, so you can listen, watch, read or interact in ways that best suit your needs. Health professionals can claim CME/CPE/CNE credit for all applicable activities. Since you’re already logged in, take a look around today!
Already a member? Update your membership profile!
Please take a moment to update your membership profile, including your Areas of Concentration. This will enable us to better understand your needs and provide resources and communications that match your professional interests.
You must have a State Society or ACCC account to register for this event, which will enable you to register for future events and courses with just one click.
If You DO NOT Have An Account:
- To start, click the green “Register” button in the upper right corner of this page. You will be directed to “Your Cart.” Click the green “Log In” button near the top of the page.
- State Society Members: Click the "Login" button, then click "Reset Password." When your password is updated, you will be redirected to the “My Profile” page, where you can view and update your information. (make this the first bullet)
- ACCC members: Click “Reset Password” to update your login information. When your password is updated, you will be redirected to the “My Profile” page, where you can view and update your information.
- Non-members: Click “Create Account.” Once your password is created, you will be redirected to the "My Profile" page, where you can view and update your information. Click “Change” to add your Areas of Concentration, then save your information.
- Click “eLearning” at the top of your profile page to go back to the eLearning portal. In the box on the left side of the screen, click on the “Cart” link.
- The green box in the upper right corner of this page will indicate “You are registered!”
If You Have Account:
- Please click the orange “Log In” button on the left side of this screen. You will be taken to the main login page that displays your email and password. Click the “Log in” button.
- You will be automatically redirected back to this webinar page, and the green box in the upper right corner will say that “You are registered!”
PRO TIP: If you save your password to your computer and remain logged in, you can register for additional events and courses in a matter of seconds—with just one click!
For the best registration and viewing experience, please use Chrome, Edge, or Safari web browsers. Internet Explorer Users may experience difficulties accessing the webinar.
*If you are employed by a pharmaceutical/device manufacturer, consulting, or technology company, please contact April Gascon for registration information.
Once you complete your registration, you will receive an email from ACCC eLearning, which contains information on how to access this event. For assistance with registration or if you do not receive an email, please contact email@example.com.