Increasing Participation of Patients from Racial and Ethnic Minority Populations in Cancer Clinical Trials
- Non-member - Free!
- Member - Free!
You must have an ACCC account in order to register for this course/webinar/webinar series.
If You DO NOT Have An ACCC Account:
- To start, click the green “Register” button in the upper right corner of this page. You will be directed to “Your Cart.” Click the green “Log In” button near the top of the page.
- ACCC members: Click “Reset Password” to update your login information. When your password is updated, you will be redirected to the “My Profile” page, where you can view and update your information.
- OSS at ACCC Members: Please use your state society login credentials.
- Non-members: Click “Create Account.” Once your password is created, you will be redirected to the "My Profile" page, where you can view and update your information. Click “Change” to add your Areas of Concentration, then save your information.
- Click “eLearning” at the top of your profile page to go back to the ACCC eLearning portal. In the box on the left side of the screen, click on the “Cart” link.
- The green box in the upper right corner of this page will indicate “You are registered!” for this course. Congratulations!
If You Have An ACCC Account:
- Please click the orange “Log In” button on the left side of this screen. You will be taken to the main login page that displays your email and password. Click the “Log in” button.
- You will be automatically redirected back to this course/webinar page, and the green box in the upper right corner will say that “You are registered!” for this course. Congratulations!
PRO TIP: If you save your ACCC password to your computer and remain logged in, you can register for additional webinars and courses in a matter of seconds—with just one click!
For the best registration and viewing experience, please use Chrome, Edge, or Safari web browsers. Internet Explorer Users may experience difficulties accessing the webinar.
Once you complete your registration, you will receive an email from ACCC eLearning, which contains information on how to access this course/webinar . For assistance with registration or if you do not receive an email, please contact email@example.com.
The Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC) and the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) invite you to join a virtual discussion about new resources to help diversify participation in cancer clinical trials. ASCO and ACCC have been collaborating to develop solutions to address participation disparities since 2020, and recently released two manuscripts detailing the results from a pilot program that led to the development and release of two free, online resources for cancer research sites.
During the webinar you can expect to learn about and discuss:
ASCO-ACCC recommendations for increasing racial and ethnic diversity in clinical trials
Features, pilot study findings, and use cases for ASCO-ACCC resources
ASCO-ACCC Site Self-Assessment
ASCO-ACCC Just ASK™ Training Program
Critical role of patient partners in this initiative
Carmen Guerra, MD, MSCE, University of Pennsylvania, ASCO-ACCC Steering Group Member
Leila Hamroun, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP, Tetra Tech, Inc., Christiana Care Health System Oncology Patient Advocates for Clinical Trials, ASCO-ACCC Patient Partners Advisory Group Co-Chair
Randall A. Oyer, MD, Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, Ann B. Barshinger Cancer Institute, former ACCC President, ASCO-ACCC Steering Group Co-Chair
Lori J. Pierce, MD, FASTRO, FASCO, University of Michigan, Board Chair of the Association for Clinical Oncology (ASCO), ASCO-ACCC Steering Group Co-Chair
Marisa Weiss, MD, Founder and President of Breastcancer.org