Plain & Simple: Strategies for Improving Health Literacy
Although many cancer programs have made significant headway in providing patient-friendly materials, health literacy related to cancer diagnosis, treatment, and post-treatment follow-up requires on-going attention. This webinar will give you a deeper understanding of the importance of evaluating your cancer program's current health literacy efforts, identify areas where simple quality improvement measures can lead to more effective communication, and be introduced to an easy-to-implement gap assessment tool* that will help improve health literate communications throughout the cancer care continuum.
*This gap assessement tool is a product of the Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC) education project, Let's Be Clear: Communicating to Improve the Cancer Patient Experience. Additional health literacy resources may be found on the ACCC website here.
For the best viewing experience, please use Chrome, Edge, or Safari web browsers. Internet Explorer users may experience difficulties accessing the webinar.
This webinar is open to the public. You do not need to be an ACCC member to view this webinar, but you will need to create an account in order to register.
If You DO NOT Have an ACCC Account:
- To start, click the green “Register” button in the upper right corner of this page. You will be directed to “Your Cart.” Click the green “Log In” button near the top of the page.
- ACCC and State Society Members: Click “Reset Password” to update your login information. When your password is updated, you will be redirected to the “My Profile” page.
- Non-members: Click “Create Account.” Once your password is created, you will be redirected to the "My Profile" page.
- Click “eLearning” at the top of your profile page to go back to the ACCC eLearning portal. In the box on the left side of the screen, click on the “Cart” link.
- The green box in the upper right corner of this page will indicate “You are registered!” for this course!
If You Have an ACCC Account:
- Please click the orange “Log In” button on the left side of this screen. You will be taken to the main login page that displays your email and password. Click the “Log in” button.
- You will be automatically redirected back to webinar page, and the green box in the upper right corner will say that “You are registered!” for this course!
PRO TIP: If you save your ACCC password to your computer and remain logged in, you can register for additional webinars and courses in a matter of seconds—with just one click!
For the best registration and viewing experience, please use Chrome, Edge, or Safari web browsers. Internet Explorer Users may experience difficulties accessing the webinar.
Once you complete your registration, you will receive an email from ACCC eLearning, which contains information on how to access this webinar. For assistance with registration or if you do not receive an email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.