2020 ACCC Clinical Research Award
The Clinical Research Award recognizes individuals whose research has significantly and positively impacted the oncology patient, family, and/or community.
The 2020 award recipient is Roy S. Herbst, MD, PhD, Ensign Professor of Medicine (Medical Oncology) & Professor of Pharmacology; Chief of Medical Oncology, Yale Cancer Center & Smilow Cancer Hospital; Associate Director for Translational Research, Yale Cancer Center; Interim Director, Yale Center for Immuno-oncology, Yale Cancer Center. Dr. Herbst has worked over several decades as a pioneer to identify biomarkers and bring novel targeted treatments and immunotherapies to patients, serving as principal investigator for numerous clinical trials testing these agents in advanced stage lung cancers.
His work led to the approval of several therapies that have revolutionized the field and greatly improved patient survival. His work on "umbrella” trials spurred FDA approvals of targeted therapies and new cancer drugs. Nationally, he works closely with public-private partnerships to develop large master protocol clinical studies, such as Lung-MAP.
“Dr. Herbst was selected for this award based on his distinguished and effective accomplishments in lung cancer research, having successfully integrated biology and laboratory research, team- based science, broad collaboration, and community, patient, public, and private partnerships that have served as a road map and role model for others. The work of Dr. Herbst and his team has importantly led to the approval of several treatments that have revolutionized lung cancer care, improved patient survival, and changed patient expectations.” – Dr. Randall A. Oyer, MD, ACCC 2020-21 President
This webinar is open to the public. You do not need to be an ACCC member to view this webinar, but you will need to create an account in order to register.
If You DO NOT Have an ACCC Account:
- To start, click the green “Register” button in the upper right corner of this page. You will be directed to “Your Cart.” Click the green “Log In” button near the top of the page.
- ACCC and State Society Members: Click “Reset Password” to update your login information. When your password is updated, you will be redirected to the “My Profile” page.
- Non-members: Click “Create Account.” Once your password is created, you will be redirected to the "My Profile" page.
- Click “eLearning” at the top of your profile page to go back to the ACCC eLearning portal. In the box on the left side of the screen, click on the “Cart” link.
- The green box in the upper right corner of this page will indicate “You are registered!” for this course!
If You Have an ACCC Account:
- Please click the orange “Log In” button on the left side of this screen. You will be taken to the main login page that displays your email and password. Click the “Log in” button.
- You will be automatically redirected back to webinar page, and the green box in the upper right corner will say that “You are registered!” for this course!
PRO TIP: If you save your ACCC password to your computer and remain logged in, you can register for additional webinars and courses in a matter of seconds—with just one click!
For the best registration and viewing experience, please use Chrome, Edge, or Safari web browsers. Internet Explorer Users may experience difficulties accessing the webinar.
Once you complete your registration, you will receive an email from ACCC eLearning, which contains information on how to access this webinar. For assistance with registration or if you do not receive an email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.