2020 ACCC David King Community Clinical Scientist Award
The David King Community Clinical Scientist Award recognizes individuals who have demonstrated leadership in the development, participation, and evaluation of clinical studies and/or are active in the development of new screening, risk assessment, treatment, or supportive care programs for cancer patients.
The 2020 award recipient is Worta McCaskill-Stevens, MD, MS, Medical Oncologist, and Chief, Community Oncology and Prevention Trials Research Group. Dr. McCaskill-Stevens’ accomplishments are far-reaching and include a focus on cancer disparities; management of comorbidities within clinical trials; and molecular research to identify individuals who will benefit most from cancer prevention interventions. Her work in breast cancer research is notable.
Dr. McCaskill-Stevens served as program director for the Study of Tamoxifen and Raloxifene (STAR) and assumed responsibilities for breast cancer prevention with NCI’s Community Clinical Oncology Program (CCOP). She is also a member of NCI’s Breast Cancer Steering Committee. Dr. McCaskill-Stevens is also a recognized leader in furthering the advancement of minority investigators in cancer research.
“Dr. McCaskill-Stevens’ effective leadership has created community and academic partnerships, expanded types and numbers of trials available in communities across the United States, incorporated disparities research and bio-banking to advance precision medicine. Patients will forever benefit from her work.” - Dr. Randall A. Oyer, ACCC 2020-21 President
You must have an ACCC or state society account to register for this webinar.
If You DO NOT Have an Account:
- To start, click the green “Register” button in the upper right corner of this page. You will be directed to “Your Cart.” Click the green “Log In” button near the top of the page.
- ACCC and State Society Members: Click “Reset Password” to update your login information. When your password is updated, you will be redirected to the “My Profile” page.
- Non-members: Click “Create Account.” Once your password is created, you will be redirected to the "My Profile" page.
- Click “eLearning” at the top of your profile page to go back to the ACCC eLearning portal. In the box on the left side of the screen, click on the “Cart” link.
- The green box in the upper right corner of this page will indicate “You are registered!” for this course!
If You Have an ACCC Account:
- Please click the orange “Log In” button on the left side of this screen. You will be taken to the main login page that displays your email and password. Click the “Log in” button.
- You will be automatically redirected back to webinar page, and the green box in the upper right corner will say that “You are registered!” for this course!
PRO TIP: If you save your ACCC password to your computer and remain logged in, you can register for additional webinars and courses in a matter of seconds—with just one click!
For the best registration and viewing experience, please use Chrome, Edge, or Safari web browsers. Internet Explorer Users may experience difficulties accessing the webinar.
Once you complete your registration, you will receive an email from ACCC eLearning, which contains information on how to access this webinar. For assistance with registration or if you do not receive an email, please contact email@example.com.