Clinical Updates in Breast Cancer Treatment
Explore clinical updates in adjuvant and neoadjuvant therapies for breast cancer of all subtypes, and new treatment strategies for breast cancer brain metastases with an emphasis on HER2+ breast cancer.
Presented by: Dr. Carey Anders, MD Duke Cancer Center
This webinar is part of a six-part clinical education series hosted by the Hawaii Society of Clinical Oncology—a Chapter Member of the Association of Community Cancer Centers.
ADDITIONAL HANDOUTS TO SUPPLEMENT YOUR LEARNING
The Hawaii Society of Clinical Oncology (HSCO) is a Chapter Member of the Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC). HSCO members receive access to valuable educational content and targeted resources through ACCC to support their professional development.
· The ACCC COVID-19 Resource Center contains webcasts, podcasts, and blogs, and resources on the pandemic from federal and professional organizations.
· The ACCC COVID-19 Financial Advocacy Resources Hub features new and updated foundation assistance, updates to manufacturer assistance programs, and Medicare and Medicaid coverage updates.
· HSCO members can connect in real-time through members-only virtual discussion forum on ACCCeXchange. Within this forum, HSCO members from every profession involved in cancer care delivery ask and answer questions, discuss common challenges, and share knowledge and experience. Join the discussion and connect with your peers.
· Tap into the value of HSCO membership! Visit our membership page for more information on how you can join our community of professionals. If you’re unsure of your membership status, please contact our membership department today.
· The ACCCeLearning portal makes it easy to find education relevant to your needs and interests. Accessible on any device and at any time, courses are available in a variety of formats, so you can listen, watch, read or interact in ways that best suit your needs. Health professionals can claim CME/CPE/CNE credit for all applicable activities. Since you’re already logged in, take a look around today!
Carey Anders, MD
Duke Cancer Center
Charles Miller, MD (Moderator)
Charles F. Miller, MD, served for 30 years in the U.S. Army Medical Department as Commander, 3rd Combat Support Hospital, Nuremberg. After retiring from active duty he completed nine years as chief of hematology-oncology at Kaiser Medical Center, Honolulu. He has served on the Hawaii Society of Clinical Oncology Board of Directors since 2002 and as president for seven of those years. He remains actively involved at the national level with the American Society of Clinical Oncology and holds a clinical appointment to the University of Hawaii Cancer Center. Dr. Miller presently serves on the University of Hawaii Cooperative Institutional Review Board as well as the Physicians Advisory Group to the Hawaii Health Information Exchange. He has been an active supporter of Compassion and Choices since 2012 and has worked as a member of Doctors for Dignity to support patient choice for end-of-life care for the people of the state of Hawaii.