Welcome to WAHO/WON 2021
To access the sessions, you must be logged in.
We encourage you to use Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari web browsers. Do not use Internet Explorer.
The Wisconsin Association of Hematology and Oncology (WAHO) and Wisconsin Oncology Network (WON) are once again joining forces to host the WAHO/WON Annual Conference. This collaborative forum will explore exciting clinical advances in cancer treatment and spark discussions around some of the most critical topics in oncology. Reserve your spot to discover new clinical trends, expand your professional cohort, and identify innovative strategies for addressing the daily challenges of care delivery.
Double your learning and hear about the latest therapies and research at the Aurora Cancer Care – Highlights of ASCO on Saturday, July 17 from 7:30 AM - 12:00 PM.
This CME activity will identify emerging trends and strategies to improve the quality of symptom management, and evaluate resources that can be used to achieve effective cancer care delivery and improve the patient experience. Separate registration is required. Click here for additional details or to register for this activity.
The Wisconsin Association of Hematology and Oncology (WAHO) is a powerful community of oncologists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other allied health professionals who provide a voice for multidisciplinary cancer care teams and the patients they serve.
Founded in 1991, WAHO is the largest oncology professional organization in the state. Members rely on us to provide innovative resources to help them stay ahead of the shifting healthcare landscape and challenges that directly impact the high-quality care their patients deserve—both locally and on a national level.
As a Chapter Member of the Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC) and a State Affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), our members receive valuable educational content and tools designed to respond to national challenges and trends.
Along with 20 other ACCC State Chapter Members that comprise the Oncology State Societies at ACCC, we collaborate with internal and external organizations to support the important work of healthcare professionals and improve the patient experience across the country.
To carry out our mission, we strive to:
- Promote the highest professional standards of oncology and hematology in Wisconsin;
- Provide oncologists and hematologists a forum for exchanging ideas, data, and knowledge necessary to provide the most up-to-date care available;
- Support the search for more effective treatments by enrolling patients in well-designed clinical trials;
- Assist oncologists and hematologists in providing their patients the best treatment available, including treatments available only on clinical trials; and
- Serve as a resource to insurers in the definition of standards of care for oncology and hematology.
In order to carry out these interests, our goals are to:
- Affect legislation and public policy relative to patient access to cancer care;
- Act as a resource on the "accepted medical practices" associated with cancer care;
- Provide a forum for education of our members on current technologies and their role as accepted medical practices; and
- Provide communications to our members and others on issues affecting patient access to cancer care and the practice of oncology.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|